XXIX Summer Universiade Athlete EOI
The XXIX Summer Universiade will be conducted in Taipei, the Republic of China from 19th to 30th August 2017.
Volleyball Australia (VA) is now calling for expressions of interest from male Indoor Volleyball athletes who would like to be considered for selection
to compete as members of the Australian Team to this unique multisport event.
To be eligible, competitors must meet the eligibility requirements set out in the AUS athlete's and anti-doping by-laws. These include:
- have a current and valid Australian Passport, with at least six months of validity beyond the period of stay (expiry date on or after 1st February
- be at least 17 and less than 28 years of age on 01/01/2017;
- Must be proceeding towards a diploma or higher at an Australian or overseas university/ TAFE or have graduated from one of the above institutions in
the year prior to the competition (i.e.: if the event is on 19 August 2017, then the student must have graduated after 19 August 2016).
- read and accept the WUSG Selection Policy and adhere to AUS athlete eligibility, by-laws and Anti Doping Policy/rules;
- not have represented another country in any sport since 01/01/2015;
- be registered members of a State Affiliate of the VA.
- commit to the financial conditions related to the participation of the event in case of selection;
- not have any outstanding debts with VA. For clarification on your individual position, please contact directly the VA Chief Financial Officer, Amanda
Further general information about the XXIX Summer Universiade will be distributed as it becomes available.
The participant contribution for the XXVIII Summer Universiade is up to $4,000, as indicated by Australian University Sport. VA may be able to contribute
some funding towards this contribution. If you have any questions about the financial commitment, please contact the High Performance Director, John
A deposit of $1,000 will be required within 10 days of the Athlete’s acceptance of the selection, if selected.
Interested athletes should complete the attached EOI Word Document and return it to John Boultbee, High Performance Director, as soon as possible, but
no later than April 26th 2017.
Please make sure that you complete your “Certificate of Eligibility” attached to this email in due time, especially if you are studying overseas. The certificate
needs to have all the signatures in original and, if selected, you will need to post it to AUS Uni Sports in Brisbane. You will also be required to
send a scanned copy of it to Giorgio Poetto, VA Performance Manager.
The team is likely to be selected by June 15th, according to FISU deadlines.
The selection process may involve a selection camp, but this will be advised after the close of Expressions of Interest on 26 April.
Questions regarding the above information should be directed to John Boultbee via email.