Coach Education & Development Program
Welcome to Volleyball Australia's Coach Education & Development section. Here you will find links to information and resources to assist in the education
and development of Australian volleyball coaches.
To find out when course are being run please contact your State association.
All forms and documents can be found throughout and at the bottom of this page
Volleyball Australia operates a coach education & development program so individuals can enter the pathway as a coach, with little or no knowledge
of the sport. Progress along this pathway is designed to allow a coach to develop their skills and coaching competencies within their own environment
or while progressing along the coaching pathway. Many Australian coaches have been able to obtain professional contracts coaching overseas clubs or
athletes in either Volleyball or Beach Volleyball.
As of January 1 2016 Volleyball Australia's new coach accreditation framework is of effect.
Foundation Coach (Level 1)
A coach is accredited as a Volleyball Foundation Coach when they successfully complete the following requirements
- The candidate must be 14years old to be eligible for this accreditation
- Complete a Working with Children’s Check or equivalent if working with athletes under the age of 18years or if requested by the state association
- Be a registered member of your State Volleyball Association
- Completed the Play by the Rules modules:
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Child Protection
- Complete the online Volleyball Foundation Coach course
To access the course, you need to register through your state association. Please click on your state’s link to proceed.
Talent Development Coach (Level 2)
A coach is accredited as a Volleyball Talent Development Coach when they successfully complete the prescribed theoretical and practical components.
- Candidates must be a current Foundation Coach
- Completed the Community Coach General Principles course Click here
- Theoretical component: a one day (7hrs) course and completion of prescribed assessment activities.
- Practical component requires a candidate completing either:
- Assessed and competent in 2 Training session and 2 games coaching
- A total of 20 hours coaching practice post-course. Of these 20 hours, 6 hours must be supervised by a recognised mentor who will provide feedback
to the candidate on their performance
- The candidate must be 16years old to be eligible for this accreditation
Talent Development Coach Practical Assessment Forms
Talent Development Coach RPL Form
Elite Coach (Level 3)
A coach is accredited as a Volleyball Elite Coach when they successfully complete the prescribed theoretical and practical components.
- Candidates must be a current Talent Development Coach
- Completed or currently completing the Intermediate Coaching General Principles
- Theoretical component: a four-day (28 hrs) course and completing prescribed in-course assessment activities.
- The practical component requires a candidate to complete either:
- Assessed and competent in 3 Training session and 3 games coaching
- A total of 40 hours coaching practice post-course. Of these 40 hours, 12 hours must be supervised by a recognised mentor who will provide feedback
to the candidate on their performance
Please contact your state association to be enrolled into the Intermediate Coaching General Principles Course
Click here to access Volleyball Australia’s Learning Portal
Elite Coach Assessment Tasks
Elite Coach RPL Form- Fast Tracking Athletes
Elite Coach RPL
Master Coach (Level 4)
A coach is accredited a Volleyball Master Coach when they successfully complete the prescribed theoretical and practical components.
- Coaching Pre-requisites
- Elite Coaching qualification
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- Be currently coaching and have coached (as a Head Coach) for a minimum of three out of the last five years at one of the following levels:
- State institute or academy program
- VA Junior Development Program
- Assistant Coach within a VA senior team program
- Theoretical component: A yearlong mentoring program with prescribed in-course assessment activities.
Coach and Official Competency Statements
Coaching Log Sheet
Coach Registration Form
Code of Ethics
Code of Behaviour
Volleyball Australia's Renewal Policy
Volleyball Australia's RPL
Working with Children Information